The Mount Lofty Ranges Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in The Mount Lofty Ranges Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing mountlofty.com for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in The Mount Lofty Ranges for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in The Mount Lofty Ranges?
The Mount Lofty Ranges Galleries and Museums
Galleries, Museums and Historical Venues in and around Mount Lofty Ranges in South Australia, Australia
Mount Lofty Ranges in South Australia, Australia is an area that is rich in culture and history. There are several galleries, museums and historical venues in and around the town that are worth visiting to delve into the history and art of the region. In this article, we will categorise, list and describe each site.
1. Red Poles Gallery - Red Poles Gallery is located on McMurtrie Road in McLaren Vale. The gallery is part of a historic homestead that has been restored into a vibrant arts and cultural destination. The gallery features works from emerging and established artists from South Australia and beyond.
2. Signal Point Gallery - Signal Point Gallery is located in Goolwa, just a short drive from the Mount Lofty Ranges. The gallery showcases works from local artists, and also has a selection of artisanal goods available for purchase. The gallery is located in an old signal box, which adds to its unique charm.
3. The Makers' Room - The Makers' Room is located in Hahndorf, a historic town in the Adelaide Hills. The gallery features works from local artists and craftspeople, including jewellery, ceramics, glassware, textiles, and woodwork. The Makers' Room also hosts regular workshops and events.
1. The South Australian Maritime Museum - The South Australian Maritime Museum is located in Port Adelaide, around an hour's drive from the Mount Lofty Ranges. The museum displays the maritime history of the state, including the early days of sailing and the more recent marine technologies. Some of the highlights of the museum include the original figurehead from the clipper ship City of Adelaide, which was built in 1865, and a replica of the famous ketch, The Active.
2. National Motor Museum - The National Motor Museum is located in Birdwood, just a short drive from the Mount Lofty Ranges. The museum displays over 300 vehicles, including cars, motorcycles, and commercial vehicles. The collection includes some of Australia's most significant vehicles, including the earliest known Holden car.
3. Hahndorf Museum - The Hahndorf Museum is located in the historic German town of Hahndorf in the Adelaide Hills. The museum displays the history of the town, including its German roots. The collection includes artefacts from the town's early days, including an old printing press, machinery from the early farming days, and old photos and documents.
1. Mount Lofty Botanic Garden - The Mount Lofty Botanic Garden is located at the summit of the Mount Lofty Ranges. The garden features over 97 hectares of native and non-native plants, including old-growth eucalyptus trees. The garden is located on an important cultural site for the Kaurna people, and visitors can learn about the history of the area through the Kaurna Aboriginal Walk.
2. Old Tailem Town - Old Tailem Town is located in Tailem Bend, around an hour's drive from the Mount Lofty Ranges. The venue is an open-air museum that displays the history of the region, including the early days of farming and the more recent transportation industry. The site features over 110 buildings, including a schoolhouse, a blacksmith's forge, and a saloon.
3. The Old Mill - The Old Mill is located in Hahndorf in the Adelaide Hills. The mill was built in 1850 by German settlers in the area, and is one of the oldest surviving mills in the state. The mill has been restored and visitors can learn about the history of flour milling in the region.
the Mount Lofty Ranges is a region rich in history and culture. From galleries and museums to historical venues, there are many places to visit to explore the region's past and present.
The Mount Lofty Ranges Galleries and Museums Articles